Review | Tony Moly Backstage Gel Liner ♥

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for this was two days late (I forgot to upload lol!). Another week has flown past which means it's time for another review! Today's review is on the Tony Moly Backstage gel liner, which I know has been out in the markets for a long time already, but I only got my hands on this liner recently!  



Brand: Tony Moly
Name: Backstage Gel Liner
Price: $5.45 USD
Weight: 4 grams
Shade: 01 Black - The collection contains 6 different shades

Where to purchase: StyleKorean
Description: This high quality Backstage Gel eyeliner is designed to give an intense color line. The long-lasting and waterproof thixotropic gel formula means up to 24 hour hold. Easy to apply with built in brush, causing no irritation to the eyes. You can create different looks and intensities with Tonymoly Backstage Gel Eyeliner, from natural eyeline to smoky make-up.


Ever since I started using liquid liners, I stopped using gel liners because I find that liquid liners are so much more convenient and quicker to use! Gel liners are a pain in the neck because I have to use a brush and that just takes too much effort #imsolazy. I'm not sure if it's just me but gel liners tend to smudge really easily on my eyelids as well so i've tried to stay away from them in recent years. However, I've heard that this Tony Moly gel liner is quite popular choice for lots of beauty guru's so I decided to give this a chance. 


The Inbuilt Brush 


The best thing about this gel liner is that the brush comes with the liner so you don't have to use another brush. Downside is that it makes the packaging more bulky but unless you want to travel with this, it's not a problem for me. The brush isn't the best and doesn't work as well as angled eyeliner brushes but it did quite a decent job! Because the tip of the brush is small it means that you can line every part of your eye, even the parts that you usually can't reach with a bigger brush. 

The Formula 


The actual pot of liner is in the little tub at the bottom which you can twist off the lid and use. The only gel liners I've tried before are the Maybelline Studio liner and Essence gel liner. The Maybelline one is quite dry whilst the essence one is really wet and soft. This Tony Moly one however, has a consistency that is inbetween. It's super creamy but it's not so soft that it will smudge and smear everywhere like my Essence one. It glides onto the eyelids really smoothly and sets quite quickly, i didn't experience any smudging on my eyelids during application. 



In terms of whether it's waterproof - I swatched this on my hand and rubbed it under water but I didn't experience any smudging at all which is a good sign! 
In terms of whether it's smudgeproof - on the day I first tested out this liner, I decided to prime one eyelid but not the other to see if this works on oily eyelids (on the website they said it's not that suitable for oily eyelid people). At the end of the day, I didn't notice any smudging at all on the primed eyelid but there was a tiny bit of smudging on the eye that wasn't primed. So I would recommend people with oily eyelids to prime their eyelids first before using this eyeliner to prevent smudging or smearing. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict 

Packaging 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ / 5 

The one thing I really like about this packaging is that the brush is inbuilt into the packaging so I don't have to worry about grabbing my angled eyeliner brush. It's super convenient and because it's made out of plastic, it's light and you don't need to worry about dropping and breaking it.  However, like i mentioned before, this might be a bit bulky for those who travel a lot. 

Price
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  / 5 

Most korean makeup products are super affordable, including this eyeliner! It only costs $5.45 USD and it comes with a brush as well so it's a pretty good deal for those who don't want to splurge on an expensive gel liner. 

Performance 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ / 5 

I've only ever tried two other gel eyeliners (the Maybelline and Essence one) and i really didn't like either of them because one was too dry and the other was too wet. This Tony Moly eyeliner has a really great formula that is super smooth, making it easy to draw on the line but also doesn't smudge during the day which is something i look for in eyeliners. 

Pros

- Super Affordable
- Convenient because it comes with the brush
- Really smooth formula
- Long lasting
- Doesn't smudge
- Very pigmented
- Wide shade range


Cons

- Might be bulky for travelling 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall, I would recommend this gel eyeliner and it has definitely restored my faith in gel liners because the ones I've tried before didn't work very well on my eyes. 

I hope you all enjoyed this review and if you've tried this eyeliner before, make sure to let me know what you think of it in the comments down below! Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll catch you guys in my next post. Meanwhile, don't forget to follow me on this blog through GFC and other social media platforms (Instagram:@Beautifyinglifee) (Twitter: @Beautifylifee). 


No comments

Hey Everyone! Feel free to leave me a comment here, I'd love to hear what you think of my posts ^_^ ♥